Monday, July 7, 2008

America





































I love the 4th of July! It's my favorite holiday. I love going to the parade and being with family and friends. I love seeing fireworks and grilling on the BBQ. But most importantly, I love what America stands for. America is the greatest country on the planet. We have so many different cultures, opinions, religions, and freedoms here. I took a political science class last semester and learned more about our founding fathers. They were so inspired. It brings tears to my eyes every time I hear the Star Spangled Banner and see fireworks. I used to not be so emotional, but when my brother joined the Marine's, I saw America in a whole new light. He has told me of some experiences he had in Iraq, and I realized just how blessed we are. I am proud to be an American

No comments:

Post a Comment