Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Cash Annual Cabin Trip












Every year, we go to the cabin with Nate's family. I love spending time up there. It's so peaceful and quiet, and it's just a nice place to get away from the city. Nate's mom always rents ATV's (or ABT"S according to our 4 year old niece, Hanah) and we ride all over the mountain with them. This year was a little different because we had Ava... she loved playing with her cousins and being outdoors. Saturday morning, Nate, Ryan, and Trevor all went fishing. I thought they were nuts to get up early on a Saturday to go sit around a freaking lake and do nothing. Little did I know how exciting fishing can be. I was dragged into going fishing late Saturday evening.... I sat there for the first hour when Trevor asked if I wanted to go fishing. I was extremely hesitant because it did not sound exciting whatsoever, but once I got out there, I turned into a maniac. Trying to catch the fish is so fun.... you cast where you think they are going to go and waiting for them to bite is more than I can bare. When you finally catch the little suckers, it's such a thrill to reel them in and hold them down. I can see why people love to go fishing. I ended up catching two fish. The last one was huge. While we were gutting it, we found out it was pregnant and we pulled out all the little fish eggs. I was so proud of myself! I can't wait to go the cabin next year!

4 comments:

  1. I cannot believe that you killed a prego fish...how dare you! It looks like you guys had a blast! How was your first day of school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you cooked and ate your poor defenseless fishies:) I need copies of your pictures. pretty please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Random thought...I just saw on your interests list that you love America's Next Top Model. Well, Braden's sister auditioned for it and got a callback! It went from thousands of people, to the second audtion of 150. She flies back to LA in September and we're crossing our fingers that she makes the final cut!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claudia, Nate, Ava!

    You have a beautiful family! :)

    Love,
    Kimi G
    :)

    ReplyDelete