Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Thoughts

Trying on Mommy's clothes
She loves to hide behind chairs.


This is the closest we got to getting her to smile in her Christmas dress.


Oh, she was not happy with us.


She loves to lick the fry sauce cup




We hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas. Ours was absolutely wonderful. I'm always amazed at the quietness and stillness of Christmas. It seems that for one small moment, the whole world is frozen in time and families come together to celebrate. Some may celebrate just being together, and others celebrate the birth of our Savior. A couple of weeks ago, Ava had woken up around 1:00 in the morning. She was wide awake and just wanted to jabber. As I rocked her back to sleep, I sat by the Christmas tree and thought about our Savior. I wondered what kind of child he was. Did he ever wake up in the middle of the night and just want to talk? I wondered how Mary felt knowing that she was raising the Son of God. Did she ever lose her patience? Over the past couple of years, I have come to appreciate the circumstances of our Savior's birth. I guess I never really thought much about how humble his birth was. When Ava was born, I had the best medical care available. I didn't have to ride a donkey when I was 9 months pregnant. There were plenty of rooms at the hospital available for my delivery, and there certainly weren't any animals around. I am so grateful for the humility of our Savior's birth. I am grateful for the humility of his life. For many, this was a humble Christmas due to the slow economy. But I am grateful for that because it truly teaches us who we should be celebrating, and that's Jesus Christ. I hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas!
Now, after that lovely passage, I just wanted to post a few pics of Ava. She is such a busy girl! She knows where her eyes, ears, nose, teeth, mouth, tongue, hair, fingers, and toes are. She will mimick whatever sound you make. She is walking now, and it's fun to watch her cruise around. Her newest obsession is lotion. She loves to rub it in and she is more than willing to share!










2 comments:

  1. what a beautiful post!

    I can't believe how big (not to mention how adorable) Ava is!

    We really tried to emphasize Christ as the reason for the season with the girls this year. I think we are going to start some traditions around that in future years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked your comments Claudia...I haven't had birth to a child yet but I thought a lot about that this year how hard it would be for Mary. I didn't really stop to think about how the Savior would be as a child...that is good insight.

    ReplyDelete