Today was such a busy day. During lunch time I took the trash out, and when I came back Halle had spilled yogurt all over the dining room. And there's carpet in the dining room. Yeah, I was not happy. At all. So, she was put in time-out while I was cleaning it up when Ava decided to blow bubbles into her sippy cup. Except blowing the bubbles into the cup caused pressure and when she stopping blowing, the milk exploded all over her face and clothing. Needless to say she had a shower today.
Now that the summer is winding down, I have lots of preparations going on. Tonight I had Enrichment to go to, and last night Nate had Young Men's (he's now the 2nd counselor) to go to... And then I'm busy getting Ava ready for pre-school to start, getting ready for Halle's birthday tomorrow, getting ready to go camping this weekend, getting ready for our trip to Utah in like 3 weeks, getting ready for our Super Saturday (which I'm in charge of), and trying to keep up on my housework and wifely duties... you know, like maybe cooking dinner or something to that effect. I realize that I am in a transition in my life. Having a child start school means a constant routine, and I am now one of those mom's who runs errands at 9:30 in the morning because one child is in school, so that means only one child has to go shopping with me. I am finding less and less time to do "me" things... like reading, or scrapbooking, or even baking!
But I do find joy in my everyday life. For instance... Ava was playing with a little girl that I tend (her name is Emilie). They were playing house outside and Ava was the Mommy. She told Emilie, "I am the mommy I have to do chores. You're the kid, so you have to play. That's your job." It made me smile.
Another thing that made me smile today was I walked into the girls room and found they had made a bridge for their Barbies out of packing tape. Tape was wrapped all around the end of Ava's bed, wrapped around some toys, and then ended wrapped around their little portable fan. It honestly looked like a giant, tapey looking spider web. But I couldn't help but laugh because it was their "Barbie bridge".
Why do I share these things with you? Because these are the moments I hold dear to my heart. I don't ever want to forget them. I haven't been as good at blogging as I should have, and there are a lot of moments I don't remember. I realize some people put blogging on the back burner thinking it's one more thing they have to do, but I look at it as a way to remember.
And now, I must attend to the dishes and watch an episode of Bones.
No comments:
Post a Comment