A few days ago I learned that one of my friend's little baby boy had died over the weekend. He was only 6 months old, and he died from SIDS. My heart just ached. I think for someone to lose a child is heart-wrenching. Until you have children, you can never fully understand just how precious they are.
Today I started reading Nie Nie. If you haven't heard of her, you can check her out here. Today marks the 3 year anniversary of her plane crash and as I have spent the last
And then I started thinking... Why am I wasting so much time worrying about my figure? Why am I not grateful enough for my body and the fact that it's housed 2 children? Why do I point out all my flaws and forget that I am a daughter of God?
Sometimes it's hard to look at the good stuff. One negative thing comes along and that's all we can focus our attention on. I have so much to live for and so many things to be grateful for. I promise to hug my children a little tighter, to welcome my husband home from work with a smile on my face, and to enjoy each slice of cake I eat. I am flawed. That's what makes me human.
So today, we spent the day at the fountains... again. I can never get too much sun. I love seeing swimsuit tan lines on my little girls. It makes me happy. I love hearing their squeals of laughter as they run through the water. I loved watching Halle drag her Elmo towel around.
I loved looking around and seeing all the beautiful flowers around me. The city park is full of them, and I just had to soak it in.
I giggled to myself as I looked at my girls cute shoes. Halle has outgrown the "li-locks" (aka flip-flops) I had bought her, so she now gets to wear Ava's very old li-locks. And I love Ava's little shoes. We found them at the DI for $2. Quite a steal.
And I loved the beautiful fountains against the clear blue sky. It was such a perfect day. I have been given so much in this life. I feel truly blessed.

You are such a positive person. I just did a Relief Society activity on that girl that burned in the airplane accident and how we can get through trials and be happy. She is amazing! That is so sad about your friend. Your post made me want to be more positive and appreciative of life. You are so sweet.
ReplyDeleteWas it their first baby? I wonder if they are in my mom's ward? A young couple in her ward lost their 6 month old son to SIDS on Saturday I believe. So sad. I bet it is the same couple. The world is a small, small place. And thanks for the reminder to reflect on the good stuff.
ReplyDelete