Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Dear Ava



     Dear Ava,
     Today you are 4 years old. I can't believe it. Where has the time gone? You are such a sweet little girl and you have taught me so many things. I am continually amazed at how your little mind works. Just last night you painted your eyebrows with toothpaste and put neosporin on your eyelids because you were pretending that you had makeup on. You also put Fray Check on your hands, pretending it was lotion.



       You are so smart. You can count to 30 in English and to 10 in Chinese. You have a very good memory and can memorize things easily. You learned your part for the  Primary Program in just one day! You know all your letters and what they sound like. You can also write most of your letters.
     You love to sing and dance. I often watch you out of the corner of my eye and I just smile as I watch you dance in front of the TV. You love to make up your own songs and often use words that none of us know.  You love to dress up and usually change outfits 3 or 4 times a day.


     You love to snuggle and cuddle. This has been good for me because I needed to learn how to be more affectionate. Every night you ask if I'll sleep with you "for one minute".  You are also extremely dramatic and can turn on the tears with the snap of a finger.

     You are such a beautiful little girl. I can't wait to see what this next year has in store for you. I love you and you daddy loves you. He is wrapped around your little finger and always manages to wrestle with you right before bedtime. He often sneaks you little treats without me noticing, and gives you piggy backs all the time.  We love watching movies with you on Friday night, especially when it's "Hocus Pocus" or "The Chronicles of Narnia".

     I hope you will always remember that you are a daughter of a Heavenly King. Your Father in Heaven loves you and I'm sure He smiles every time you sing "Praise to the Man" or "I Love To See the Temple".  Always say your prayers. You already know that Heavenly Father hears and answers your prayers.
   

Love forever,
Mommy

2 comments:

  1. she is so grown up and SO adorable. I just love her dance moves and her style. She is so funny.
    I love that letter you wrote to her to remind her of all the things she was doing at this stage in life. You are so creative and thoughtful. We Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks so grown up! She was such a little thing when I used to watch her...

    ReplyDelete