I love our nights. I love that Nate is home, and that he is able to help me get the kiddos down for bed. While one of us does the dishes, the other is in charge of getting Ava and Halle ready for bed. There's a rule in our house... Mama doesn't work after 8:00 p.m. After 8, I don't do dishes, housework, laundry, bills, budgeting.... no mommy stuff. So, if Nate and I want to spend the night together, then it's a team effort to get things done before 8 pm. I know that rule may seem harsh to some of you, but it has worked wonders for me. I get to have time to relax and do stuff I enjoy, which makes me a happier mama during the day. :)
Another reason I don't do mom stuff after 8 pm is I want to spend that time with Nate. We don't have a lot of chances to go on dates, so we date after dark. We don't do anything fancy..... We usually spend time playing "Words With Friends" against each other, and we love, love, love to watch TV shows together.
Parenthood
Boy, oh boy, do we love Parenthood! I am bound to tear up every single episode, and it is a show that Nate and I feel like we can relate to.
The Voice
We also love "The Voice". Since Nate and I can't really sing, we like to pretend that we can sing when we watch this show. If there is somebody we don't like, we mock them. Rude, I know, but it never fails to send Nate and I into a fit of giggles. We particularly love Cee-Lo and his cat. We love Cee-Lo's little arms, and his big white teeth. We also make several comments each episode on how Miss Xtina should cover up her womanly assets.
Shark Tank
Nate and I both have a love of finances and investing, so we are beckoned to this show each week. There are some products that people come up with that Nate and I will just roll our eyes at, but there are also some great products. We love it when the "sharks" go into a feeding frenzy and start making crazy deals....
Drop Dead Diva
Oh, how we love Drop Dead Diva. We came across it on Netflix, and were instantly hooked. We're totally sad that this is only a summertime show, because now we have to wait until June to see Season 4! Argh!
Bones
Bones, sweet Bones. I have literally watched every episode of this show, and have been anxiously awaiting its return in just a couple of weeks! I don't think Nate shares my enthusiasm for this show, but he will at least watch it with me. What I love about Bones is.... Bones aka Dr. Temperance Brennan. She never ceases to make me giggle at how awkwardly social she is... and I love Special Agent Seeley Booth. In fact, if we ever have a boy, I am 86959404% convinced his name is going to be Seeley. :) Yes, I'm a goober, but I don't care what anyone else thinks. I'm in love with that name... and now I just have to convince Nate to be in love with that name..... hahahahahah.
Modern Family
One of our little guilty pleasures. Love it... laugh every time.
New Girl
We. Love. New. Girl. I love Jess. That's all.
Spy
We recently came across Spy on Hulu... I love British humor, and naturally, I was drawn to this show! There are only 6 episodes (bummer) but they are coming back this fall!! Holla.
Now it may seem like there are a lot of shows here.... and there are! But we haven't seen most of them in awhile because we're waiting for them to come back from their little breaks. Some shows are on when the others are off, and vice versa...
Why do I like watching TV with Nate?
1. Because we laugh at the same things.
2. Because he laughs when I tear up. He should know that I tear up very easily, but yet, it always seems to surprise him.
3. It's free.
4. I get to sit next to him and hold is hand. Or he puts his arm around me. Or we just sit side by side.
I love dating Mr. Nate after dark. What can I say?

No comments:
Post a Comment