Warning! There will be lots of pictures of food and of random people...
This past weekend, Nate and I were able to take a quick little trip up to Seattle to see the San Francisco Giants play against the Mariners. We were super excited to go because A) It's the first time since being parents that we have been able to just get away from our children B) We got to see the Giants play C) It was my first MLB game ever! D) Nate's mom came up and watched our kids, plus she stayed for a few days after, so it was fun to spend time with her and E) Nate's bro, Ryan, and his girlfriend, Jayme, flew in from Virginia to go to the games with us, so we got to spend some time with them! Yahoo!!
We left early Friday morning and drove the short 3 hrs to Seattle. Of course, we were hungry when we got there, so we had a little BBQ... mmmmm, it was soooooo delicious! You just can't go wrong with BBQ!
After we checked into our hotel, we decided to stroll around Pike's Place Market before the game.
While we were strolling, we saw a real live cop on a horse! I've never seen that before, and it was so cool! I know, I'm probably nerdy for thinking that, but whatevs. I thought it was awesome, so I snapped a pic.
I also love all the street performers. It amazes me that this is what people do for a living...
Here's a banjo guy...
And we strolled around the shops. We saw this shirt, and thought it was pretty funny.
It says, "Fish Naked... show off your rod"
Oh, come on... you know you smiled when you read that. :)
We walked along the pier and saw some jelly fish floating around.
And I was mesmerized by this guy... I don't know why, but it was fun to watch him.
And this lady was awesome. She would move when you put money into her pot. It was creepy, but fun.
We met up with Ryan and Jayme at the game, and had to eat all the delicious food that accompanies going to an MLB game....
Mmmm... I love me a loaded hot dog!
And how about some garlic fries? They are fries with gobs of minced garlic on top... needless to say, they were pretty potent. Oh, and don't mind all the ketchup. Nate's a little obsessed when it comes to putting ketchup on food. He practically drowns anything he puts ketchup on, so I ate the bottom part of the fries.
This was my favorite beer guy. No, I didn't buy any beer from him, but I thought it was highly entertaining to watch him.
And this is one hot Gamer Babe! She had little panda bears attached to her hat. It was awesome. She better watch out, because next game I go to, I'm gonna get all decked out! Ha!
And of course I had to take a pic of the BYU fans that were sitting in the row in front of us.
BYU fans are everywhere!
Nate and Ryan want to make going to SF Giants game a yearly tradition, so Nate bought a scorebook so they can keep score of at least one game each year. Here they are, filling out their very first scorebook page!
Ryan and Jayme
Me and Mr. Nate
My awesome chocolate covered strawberry. It looked like it was 2 strawberries from the top, but it was actually just one gigantic strawberry. I called my siamese strawberry.
On Saturday, we took a ferry out to Bainbridge Island and ate some delicious ice cream.
After we were done eating ice cream, we had about 5 minutes until the next ferry came, or we could wait another hour for the next ferry. Well, we were feeling a little adventurous, and decided to catch the ferry the left in 5 minutes.... and we were about 1/2 a mile away from the ferry. So, we started walking, and then walking faster, and then speed walking, and finally jogging... as we reached the docking terminal thingy, the time said 2:54 and 34 seconds, and the ferry was scheduled to leave promptly at 2:55, so Nate ran ahead, speeding past some old people to tell them to wait just a few seconds longer. It was pretty funny cause he actually pulled the "pregnant card"... as he was rounding the corner to get on the ferry, he shouted "Hold on! Pregnant lady coming!" The worker just looked at him and said, "Calm down, sir. No need to hurt yourself."
We made it just in time, and they closed the gate right after we made it onto the ferry.
Let me tell you.... my uterus was not made to run!! :)
The beautiful Seattle skyline. I cannot tell you how much I love the water, and how I love the smell of salty water... I loved riding the ferry and feeling the spray of the water come up and having the wind through my hair... oh, and while we were on the ferry ride, we saw some man dressed as a woman. He had on some nice looking shades, a cute little sundress, and some cute sandals. If you haven't been on a ferry, you should know that it's extremely windy, and his little sundress was blowing everywhere. He was trying his best to keep it down, but right when he walked by Nate and me, his dress blew completely up, and we saw his bum cheeks. The man was wearing nothing under the dress except for a jockstrap. It made us giggle.
Saturday night's game....
My first little belly shot of this pregnancy.
And some delicious nachos that we ate.
I was super excited for Saturday, because Tim Lincecum was pitching,
and I may have a little school girl crush on him... just because I think he is awesome. He honestly isn't that cute, but I kept telling Nate how cute Tim's legs looked... they were just so skinny and bow-legged... I kinda liked it. :) So, I had to get some pics of him pitching.
And to round out our trip, on the way home, Nate and I stopped for some lunch, and as we were getting back on the freeway, we saw this ghetto chapel... It's called the Shotgun Chapel, and it's opening in June... It's where you can have your Bad-A wedding...
Come on, isn't that where every girl dreams of having her wedding?
We had such a fun time, and it was fun to just walk around and hold hands... which we did a lot. When you have kids, you don't really get the chance to hold hands all that often, so we took advantage of it, and held hands everywhere. It's good to know that after almost 7 years of being together, that I still get giddy when Nate holds my hand. :)
You are too cute! Love your belly!
ReplyDelete