There are times when kids say the craziest things, and I just want to remember them forever. Since my memory isn't positively stellar, I need to write them down, or blog about them. Yesterday, Halle was on a roll. She really doesn't have a quiet filter, so she just says things out loud, all the time, even in the middle of Sacrament.
Yesterday, while we were walking up the stairs to go into the church, there was a cute older couple in front of us. The gentleman wasn't too tall, in fact, he was about the same height as his wife. Well, I don't know what Halle was thinking, but she started to say very loudly, "Excuse me, ladies.... Excuse me, ladies.... Excuse me...." Halle also doesn't stop saying things until you acknowledge her or respond back. I've tried to ignore her, but it just doesn't work. In fact, sometimes I purposely don't answer her just to see how long she'll say the same thing over, and over, and over again.... I think she's gotten up to saying something 40-50 times before I finally answered her... so I knew that she wouldn't stop saying, "Excuse me, ladies" until I said something... I gently informed her that it was a man and a woman, not two ladies in front of us. The older couple just smiled and thought Halle was cute, while I was mortified that she called the older gentleman a lady...
Then, during Sacrament, the Relief Society was asked to sing a musical number. I went up and sang with them (since I am in the presidency and all...) and when I sat down, Halle was hanging upside down on Nate's lap, and she says, "Good job, Mommy! I'm so proud of you!" Yay for me! Glad to know I make my 2 year old proud!
Finally, during the closing song, Hal informs me she needs to go potty. We rush to the potty, where she does her business, and I try to quietly slip into the chapel and sit down. Does that happen? Well, I made it to the bench, but Halle was so proud of herself that when I opened the chapel doors to go sit down, she loudly exclaims, "DADDY! I GO PEE-PEE ON THE POTTY!" Oi.
While I was taking Halle to nursery, she proceeds to wave and smile at everyone and give them all a friendly, "Hi!" I'm pretty used to her saying hi to everyone. She does it in the stores, at the park, wherever she goes. She is super friendly and just wants to greet everyone she meets! I love it, though. It's fun to see strangers get caught off guard by a little girl, and then I love it when they start to smile. You can't help but smile and respond when Halle says hi to you.
On our way home from church, Halle sticks her finger in her ear and says, "Mom! Look! I have a mustache in my ear!" I was totally confused at first, but then I figured out she was telling me that she has ear wax in her ear.
Halle also has a pretty hilarious vocabulary...
Swimming Soup = Swimming Suit
Mickilish = Licorice
Goes to be = Supposed to be
Mountains = Fountains
Nate = Dad (She calls him Nate most of the time)
Eeeva = Ava
Buzz Light-there = Buzz Lightyear
Hoody = Woody
Messy = Jessie (Can you tell she's totally into Toy Story?)
Oh, how this girl keeps me on my toes.
No comments:
Post a Comment