Sunday, September 23, 2012

30 Weeks

I hit 30 weeks as of Wednesday.
Holy cow... what a crazy 30 weeks it has been!

For the past 20 weeks, I have been going to the doctor's every other week for ultrasounds and cervical length checks to make sure my body isn't going into pre-term labor.
I am happy to report that I no longer have to have ultrasounds or cervical length checks because if the baby comes now, the chances of her surviving are excellent.

I still have to go every other week to have my blood pressure checked, and my protein and sugars checked...
However, I had my glucose test last week, and I don't have gestational diabetes (hooray!!) and my bloodwork looks fabulous!
I also only have 4 weeks left of my progesterone shots...
Hallelujah!
Nate is an excellent shot giver....
the needles are big and thick, and the progesterone is a thick oil, and he just sticks it right into my thigh muscle like he's been doing it for a thousand years.
I have to rotate thighs every week, and the shots sting like no other...
I can't sleep on the side that I've gotten the shot on because it stings so bad.
Ava and Halle are interested in my "shops" (as Halle calls them), and they are more than willing to share their Toy Story band-aids with me.

I usually think that self-portraits are silly, but I wanted a shot of my 30 week preggo belly...
so here I am in all my glory!!! Ha!

As of today, I have only gained 18 pounds. Sweet! By this time with Halle, I had already gained about 35-40 lbs, and in 4 short weeks, I gained another 15-20 lbs. So, 18 pounds is a good number for me!
I can definitely tell that A.) this is my 3rd kid and B.) I am older...
There is a reason why women are meant to have babies early in life... it gets tough when you're older!
Holy cow! The aches and pains and constant, and I get Braxton Hicks pretty much every single time I bend over... needless to say, I haven't done a lot of picking up my house.... it's kind of a wreck right now... well, and because we've just moved.... :)

This baby girl is pretty active at night. I usually don't sleep between 3 a.m. and 5 a.m. because she likes to move. While going in every other week for an ultra sound has been kind of hectic, I have loved seeing her grow from a little bean to an actual baby.

Baby Girl Cash still doesn't have a name.... Nate and I don't really talk about it. While we don't fight over names, we don't really agree on names... so who knows what she'll be named. Ava wants to name her "Cilla" and was devastated when we told her that wasn't going to be this baby's name. (To make Ava feel better, we named our van Cilla...)

I am so grateful to have had a healthy pregnancy thus far. I feel like I have been in good hands with my doctor, and I have amazing friends who are willing to help me at a moments notice.

Like I've said before, this baby has really tried my faith. My faith has been weak, and there have been times when I have just wanted to give up... but after being stubborn, I finally turned my problems and fears over to the Lord. I know He's heard my prayers, and I have felt an immense amount of comfort and assurance that we'll be taken care of and that this baby will be a blessing in our lives.

1 comment:

  1. You are the cutest preggo lady ever!!!! Can't wait to see pics of the new sweetie! :)

    ReplyDelete