She made some delicious strawberry shortcake in little push pop containers...
and she made this delicious cake... (darling, isn't it?)
There was more delicious food, but blogger is loading is all sideways, so I didn't post pics of it.
You'll just have to tust me when I say that there was delicious food.
We had about 10-12 ladies show up for the shower, and I am so grateful for every single one of them.
I have met them all through my ward here, and they have become like family.
They showered us with presents, and I feel so blessed!
Here is Christie... she's amazing! She had a baby girl, Savannah, back in June, so we are excited to have Savannah, Piper, and Baby Girl Cash to become friends!! Christie is also my blogging partner over at popsandpodge.com, and she is so creative and talented!
I just love her to pieces!!
The theme of the shower was "Ready to Pop" and for thank you gifts, she made these darling favors that said, "Thanks for Popping By".

And of course, we had to get a picture of the three amigas!! Like I said, Jessica is due any day with her little girl, and I'm taking her son while she's in labor, so I have been on stand-by for the past few days. In turn, she is taking my two girls while I'm in labor. Isn't it amazing how friends become like family?
Since Jess nor I have any family near by, we gotta stick together!
I am so lucky to have these two beautiful ladies in my life. They are literally my best friends up here, and I would be lost without them. I don't think I would enjoy Oregon as much as I have if I didn't have them.
They befriended me immediately, and I am immensely grateful.
I am grateful that this little baby girl got a shower thrown for her.
Christie's philosophy is that every baby deserves a shower, and I love the philosophy!
I never got a shower with Halle, and I felt kind of sad that no one wanted to really welcome her into the world...
and I'm so grateful that Christie threw a shower for us because we have absolutely no baby things for this baby. Before we moved, we sold everything baby related... our crib, changing table, blankets, clothes, bottles, EVERYTHING!! For one, we thought we would have had a little more time before baby #3 came along, and we just didn't have the room for all that extra baby stuff, so we are starting from scratch with this little one!
So, I loved everything I got from the double baby shower!!!





So glad you found friends. It makes all the difference in the world to have good friends when away from home...
ReplyDelete