First off, besides family, one of the things we miss the most is the food in Utah.
I'm sure there are delicious restaurants and such here in Oregon,
but we have yet to discover them...
First off, let's talk about Ken's. It's a little sandwich shop in Magna and they make absolutely the best sandwiches ever!!!!! Our favorite is the Turkey Deluxe which comes with turkey, bacon, and avocados...
We missed Ken's so much that we ate there 3 days in a row. Yes... 3 days in a row!!
And Leatherby's is our favorite ice cream place!
I always get Tracy's Peanut Butter Cup, which is smothered in peanut butter and hot fudge.
I love it so much, that when I get ice cream at home, I always melt some peanut butter and put it on my ice cream because it reminds me of this delicious concoction.
Now, let me tell you what's funny. When Nate and I go out, I usually order something different because I love trying new things and Nate usually sticks with the same thing.
However, when it comes to Leatherby's, I always order the same thing, and Nate is the one who ventures out. Crazy! So this time, Nate tried their Cookie Concoction which had a cookie on the bottom and was also smothered in rich, sugary goodness!
We also visited our grandparents.
Renee is Nate's grandma, and we love visiting her!
And we visited my Oma and Opa.
I am so glad that our girls are able to know their great-grandparents.
I think having a relationship with a great-grandparent is something special...
I guess it stems from the fact that I still have my great-grandma alive, and I have been so close with her.
We love our grandparents!
My brothers came down from Boise, and we were able to get a family picture.
My family doesn't do anything special for pictures... we had a bad experience a few years ago (let's just not go into it... ha!) so we just set up a tripod, snap a few pics, and hope that one of them turns out!
This one was my favorite because Collin was messing up my hair, and Nelson had a straw wrapper hanging out of his mouth...
We were also able to have dinner with some of our dear college friends, the Andreasons.
Ava and Lucas are great friends... and it's cute to see the size difference between them.
They're only a few weeks apart in age, but you can clearly see that Ava is a good head taller than he is...
but then again, Nate and I are a good head taller than Lucas' parents.
We love the Andreasons!!
We went shopping at City Creek, which is absolutely stunning, by the way.
My Oma gave Ava and Halle $20 each to spend for their birthdays,
and Halle picked out these hot pink loafers from H&M. She picked them out all by herself, and I have to say that I was mighty impressed with her great taste!
Ava bought a little polka dot purse, and is saving the rest for some high heels. :)
While at City Creek, we touched the fountains. Sadly, we couldn't play in them because of Ava's blessed cast... :(
I was able to get away with my BFF, Andrea. We always go to Cheesecake Factory and I swear we can chit chat the night away!! I love Andrea, and am so glad we are friends. Honestly, she is one of the people I miss the most, and I love talking to her!
We extended our trip for a few days because we found out that my cousin was getting married.
She was actually sealed by my old stake president who used to live across the street from me,
so it was neat to see our old neighbor seal my cousin and her husband.
I love the words of the marriage sealing. There is so much power in the promises made, and the blessings we can receive from being sealed to our loved ones are immeasurable.
While Nate couldn't be at the sealing (he had to fly home a few days before), it made me so grateful that I have him for eternity, and that he picked me to have forever!
After the wedding, there was a reception, and I helped put together the the dessert buffet table. My aunts and my mom also helped out, and we were asked a few times if we catered. :)
We had fun dancing the night away.... :)
One of the last days we were there, my dad drove us up Butterfield Canyon, and we were able to look down over the copper mine...
This was a cool experience because my dad has always taken my brothers and Nate on his little driving excursions, but I 've never gone with him, so it was fun spending some time with him.
On the way up, we saw this crazy caterpillar next... at first, I thought it was a giant spider web, but when we looked closer, there was a bunch of caterpillars gathered in the middle!!
We love Utah, and it was fun to visit, but I have to be honest... it was good to come back to our little apartment and to have a steady routine.
We can't wait until we go back!















No comments:
Post a Comment