Monday, October 1, 2012

Moved

     Well, another move has come and gone. Remember that townhouse that we were supposed to move in awhile ago, and it fell through? Well, while we were in Utah, things fell into place for us to move. After our short little vacation, I came home and packed up the house. It made for an awful lot of work, but we are now getting settled in our new place, and it's starting to feel like home.

     I decided to take things easy this move since this is my 2nd time... yes 2ND TIME, moving while I've been 30 weeks pregnant. The first was with Halle, and 3 weeks later, I delivered her, so I didn't want history to repeat itself. Needless to say, things were a little more chaotic than I would have liked them to be, but I wasn't going to risk overdoing myself and going into early labor.

  This is the first time in our married lives that we haven't lived in an apartment. I know.... 6 1/2 years of marriage, and all we've ever done is apartment living... but hey, you do what you've gotta do to get through school, right? It feels amazing to be out of an apartment and into something a little bigger.  I love living in this townhome. It has 3 bedrooms, 2 1/2 bathrooms, a little front yard, and a little back yard. I actually have to water the lawn and put the dumpster out... I feel so grown up. :)

  I know it may not seem like much to some of you Utahns... but here in Oregon, townhomes are all the rage. Ha! Just kidding... houses are so darn expensive here, and property taxes are through the roof, so most people buy townhomes. But we're just renting for now, so we don't have to worry about any of that.
      I am grateful the Lord has provided this place for us to live. I have been constantly reminded that He does indeed have a plan for us, and that things happen on His time, and not ours.
     

2 comments:

  1. So exciting! We just moved, too, and I can't imagine doing that at 30 weeks pregnant! Way to go, Claudia! You'll have to post pics of the interior after you're settled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So excited for you guys!! You even have a garage!

    ReplyDelete