Colbie is two months. Say what?
2 MONTHS!
I don't like it. Not one bit. She is coming out of the newborn stage, and starting the "baby" stage.
Life just couldn't be any sweeter with this little girl around.
She is the receiver of many smooches and cuddles...
and I think we're going to keep it that way.
This past month, she has started smiling when you talk to her,
and is figuring out how to use her voice.
She has also discovered her tongue.
Night time is probably the most difficult time for her.
She doesn't cry or anything...
She just loves to stay awake until about 11:30.
I try to put her down, but she just grunts and wiggles.
I rock her in the little bassinet while I catch up on Downton Abbey.
I've learned that she sleeps better when she has white noise, such as the bathroom fan, or some noise from an app I downloaded. (Yes, they have white noise apps. Crazy, right?)
She will sleep until about 6 a.m. and then eat, and will go back to bed, as long as I'm snuggling with her.
With the other two girls, I was adamant that they don't sleep in the bed with us at all...
but I just can't help but snuggling with Colbs. I love the feeling that once she's near me and can feel me, she goes right to sleep.
At her 2 month appointment, she weighed 13 lbs 2 oz (95th %) and measured 24 inches (also 95th %) and her head is measuring in the 60th %. She is a little chunk, that's for sure. She is already outgrowing 3 month clothing, which has left me scrambling. I planned on a smaller baby (because Ava and Halle were both smaller) and haven't stocked up on 3-6 or 6 month clothing yet. It's a good thing we have the semi-annual consignment sale in about 6 weeks so I can grab some cute clothes for wickedly cheap prices.
Colbie also had her shots. :( And that was the hardest I've ever seen her cry. But as soon as I picked her up, she was fine.
Oh, how I love this little girl. I feel just pure joy when I hold her or look at her.
I once read this quote somewhere, and it totally strikes home with me.
"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for."





No comments:
Post a Comment