Monday, May 13, 2013

Brandon's Baptism

I got home from Utah on a Wednesday, and then we turned around on Saturday and drove 4 hours to Pasco, WA to see my cousin, Brandon, get baptized. It was so special to see him and his family. Brandon has Down Syndrome. He carries an amazing spirit with him, and he has so much love to give. Brandon is 10, and when he turned 8, his parents didn't feel like it was the right time for him to be baptized, so they waited a couple of years. I'm glad they waited, otherwise we couldn't have come!


Brandon received a wonderful blessing from his dad (my mom's brother). The spirit was so strong, and it was an unforgettable experience.

Brandon just loved little Colbie. He was so gentle with her, and tickled her, and made her giggle. Oh, it was too cute for words.

Here's my aunt and uncle. We spent Thanksgiving with them our first year up here in Oregon, and we always have a good time with them.

My mom's parents came from Idaho for the blessing. It was good to see them and to watch them with our girls.



Sunday after church, we went out into Russell and Martha's backyard to play. The girls and Brandon played on the swing set, and we got a game of croquet set up. When I saw Halle swinging, I couldn't help but smile. She brings so much adventure and laughter into our home.... it's just too much to handle at times.



Of course, Nate worked us all in croquet. I lost (go figure).... but Ava did pretty well. She obviously gets her  skills from her dad. Not only does he have mad croquet skills, but he's pretty good looking too. How did I ever get so lucky?





This girl is nuts.... she is so insanely strong.... it's just too cute for pictures...






On the way home, we almost ran out of gas! Thank heavens for Siri, because we wouldn't have made it to a gas station if we didn't have her. But the kids were troopers, especially for being stuck in a car for so long.





No comments:

Post a Comment